Topics

• Heat pump refrigerant

Hi We have a Hayward heat pump installed for our in ground pool. Late last summer (just after one year of heat pump use) I noticed an oily...

3 3,864

Started by John

• GFCI Breaker

Do I need to power the heat pump with a GFCI breaker in my panel or are the units safe to use without one? Thanks.

1 4,067

Started by David

• Heat Pump for a Spa?

I'm a newbie in the market for a pool with a spill over spa. I'm thinking of heating the two with a heat pump but I'm getting conflicting advice...

3 4,650

Started by rizzilient

• heat pump doesn't start

hi, we bought a heat pump for our pool a few days ago. i wanted to clean out the basket of the pool filter so i turned of the heat pump and then the...

3 5,253

Started by jeff

• Hayward heat pump efficiency

Hello-- Great site, very helpful. I recently installed a Hayward 2100TCO heat pump for our pool in Connecticut (replaced an older propane heater)...

1 3,268

Started by Michael

• How do I clean the inside of the GS-1000

I have the above heat pump for my pool, and there's all kind of debris inside the unit. How do I clean it? Hopefully someone has a solution. thanks...

1 3,517

Started by Leslie

• Electric Costs

Hi all - Would love to know the appoximate monthly costs for heating your pools for heater and heat pump... Need to know to make final decision!! ...

1 3,599

Started by renee

• Water temperature sensor question...

Hello: When I started up my Turcotte Generation pool heat pump this year I get the error code "Sc" which indicates a short circuit in the...

1 3,461

Started by Louis F

• Heat Pump Oil Leak

My heat pump gave in last year and leaked the freon oil into my pool. I am having a very difficult time trying to remove the oil from the water...

1 3,603

Started by David

• How to best run heat pump

Hello, I am a new pool and heat pump owner. I understand that as the ambient air gets cooler, the heat pump will have to work 'harder' to maintain...

1 3,576

Started by Ron Brierley

• Kopec 650 Ti problems

I ahve a Kopec 650 TI about 3 1/2 seasons old. Won't turn on to start this season. Green light is on, pump is working fine, good flow. However the...

1 3,587

Started by fishhead

• ice forming on outside of heat pump

After mediating damage done by rodents residing in the control panel during the off-seaons, I finally have my heat pump up and running. I am...

1 3,424

Started by Michael Hagan

• scroll vs. piston?????

I have read articles stating that scroll compressors are more efficient than piston models and that if you want to save electricity, a scroll model...

1 3,829

Started by Tom Klein

• NO BI PASS?

Hello, By pool guy wanted to install a BIPASS on my Heat Siphon SX5.0 He noticed in the owners book that it reads NO BIPASS req. Is this safe, I...

1 3,347

Started by Al Tambolleo

• 2 inch -1.5 inch

I have all 2 inch pipe on my pool. My new Heat siphon SX5.0 is 1.5 inch Is it OK to plumb the heater using 2 inch?

1 3,190

Started by Al Tambolleo

• Measuring flow

Hi Marcus, I have a few questions hopefully either you or an experienced forum member can answer. I just had my HS DX 5.0 delivered to Pa, and am...

1 3,481

Started by John

• Free Heat from home A/C

I was wondering if anyone else has thought of recovering the waste heat generated by a home A/C condensing unit? My pool heater and A/C condensing...

1 4,241

Started by John G

• Heat Siphon DX 5.0 ready to deliver

Hi Marcus, Do you direct ship from the manufacturer? I can't imagine I ordered it Wednesday and it's in my area today from Wahington...

1 3,863

Started by John

• Heat/Cooling option

So….I'm getting ready to contract a pool in the Phoenix area, and have been searching for equipment recommendations. Your web site has been a...

1 3,383

Started by Fred

• Heat pump vs Heater

I have a 40x18ft roman style pool with an 8ft deep end, there is a 5x5ft hot tub attached. I have been told it is about 28K gal total. We live in...

1 3,987

Started by David Moyer-Diener

• Brand new to pool care and maintenance

Hi, We just bought a home in Boise, ID with a 20' X 40' pool. It is 8' deep at the deep end. The house was "flipped" and though we got a...

1 3,186

Started by Tonya

• Best time to run a heat pump

Hello, I am considering a heat pump for our pool and after reading various posts am wondering if the best time to run a heat pump is when the outside...

3 9,253

Started by Tom

• which heat pump in Arizona?

Hi Everyone! We are in Saddlebrooke, AZ just north of Tucson ~2700 ft elevation... so which heat pump is best for this situation: we would love to...

5 6,153

Started by Irka

• heat pump sizing

Hi, I have a winter home north of Puerto Vallarta, MX. The home is on the Pacific, so we do get above average wind and evaporation. My pool is a...

1 3,719

Started by Tom

• AR2500 Heat Pump

A couple of weeks ago you recommended that I use either the AE2000 or the 2500 Jandy. After reading the specs, I am about to pull the trigger on the...

1 3,285

Started by Buck Woods