Pool Heat Pump Forum
Register

Author   Comment  
Stuart
Reply with quote  #1 
Marcus,

I'm considering switching from chlorine pucks to a salt system.  You sell both the Hayward and the Jandy.  I have a Jandy AE1000 heat pump that I bought from you 3 years ago and no timer on my filter pump right now, it runs 24/7.  What should I add to the system to make this all work together?  Do I need to go with a Jandy timer and a Jandy Aqua Pure? 

Thanks,

Stuart

Marcus Miller
Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Stuart:
Thank you for writing to me. I am really a heater guy but I have been selling the salt systems for a few years and you picked the 2 most popular brands. I have not heard anything negative about either ones. The Hayward is a little less money. You can't make a mistake with either. Someday people are going to look back on these days when people added liquid chlorine to their pools as the dark ages. They are great. You just dump some salt in the pool and it is automatic. No heavy chlorine smell, burning eyes etc. I am sure almost every pool owner has had some spill in their car and damage the carpet. Well I have anyway.
I hope that helps.
Marcus

Wayne
Reply with quote  #3 
Marcus,

My Jandy 3000 heat pump was delivered last week. I hope to have the install completed in the next 3 weeks. I am now considering the chlorine generators. How easy is the install? Is it a do it yourself or does it require a professional?

Thanks,

Wayne
Marcus Miller
Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Wayne:
I hope that you and your family are well.  I wonder how many people out there have ruined their carpets in the trunks or the floors of their car bringing the liquid bottles back from the store. I know I have. I love the salt systems. You need a licensed electrician to do the wiring but the water piping is easy. Then just dump a few hundred pounds of salt in the pool and it will all be automatic. No burning eyes or excessive chlorine smell. I hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Marcus Miller, President
http://www.poolheatpumps.com
360 568 3718 Washington State Office
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.