Pool Heat Pump Forum
Register

Author   Comment  
Beth
Reply with quote  #1 

From what I have read about the installation, the plumbing from the pump(water from the pool)  but before the in-line chlorinating should be at the bottom opening at the back of the heat siphon, and the heated water to be returned to the pool plumbing plumbed at the top opening. Right?  Basically, the water enters at the bottom and flows out of the top returning to the pool?  Just checking before installer comes to make sure it is done correctly.

Marc Miller
Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Beth:
Thank you for writing to me. The chlorinator needs to be the last thing the water flows through on the way to the pool. So water pump, filter, heater, chlorinator and then the pool. The water goes in the bottom connection on the Heat Siphon and then the top fitting connects to the pipes that go to the pool. I hope that helps. Have a great summer.

Sincerely,
Marcus
Beth
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you.  Can't wait for installation to be complete.

I have a two speed pump.  Can I continue to operate my system on low or does it have to be on high?

Marc Miller
Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Beth:
2 speed pumps are getting more popular because they cut electrical usage when run over long periods of time. I have seen more water pump failures for people using them though. To answer your question, it depends on how many horsepower you have on low. They are all different. As long as you are moving at least 30 gallons a minute most heat pumps will run. It will say in your owners manual what the minimum GPM that your manufacturer would like to see.  I like to see at least 50 gallons a minute to get the most efficiency out of the heaters. The main thing we are trying to do with water pump run time is circulate all the water in the pool once a day. If you have a single speed 50 GPM water pump and a 18,000 gallon pool you would want to run it for 6 hours for good filtration and chemical distribution. Sometimes if it is cold out you will need to run the pump longer so the heater keeps running.

Sincerely,
Marcus

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.