John
Hi Marcus, I have a few questions hopefully either you or an experienced forum member can answer.
I just had my HS DX 5.0 delivered to Pa, and am wondering:
1. What distance can the heat siphon be from the pool pump? Ideally I'd like to place it next to my central air unit, which is ~30' from the pool pump.
2. Will a 1hp pump provide the necessary flow for the 5.0
3. What's the best way to measure flow rate?

thanks!

John
Marcus Miller
Dear John:
Thank you for writing to me. I like putting pool heat pump next to central air conditioners. Then the hot air coming off the air conditioner mixes with the cold air coming off the pool heat pump making them both more efficient. you lose about 3% of your pool heater capacity for every 20 feet away from the filter pump. So I wouldn't go too far. Usually 1 HP is plenty of flow for a large heat pump. You never know for sure as there might be restrictions underground. The heat pump will tell you if you need a bigger pump as it just won't come on most of the time if there is not enough flow. You can buy a flow meter and put it in the line. I think they are about $100.00. Or you can send all the water into a 5 gallon bucket and see how many times you fill it up in a minute also.
I hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Marcus Miller
360 568 3718
Deleting Attachment...