Pool Heat Pump Forum
Register

Author   Comment  
Gini
Reply with quote  #1 

I am considering buying a 1.5 year old used Focus Temp Insta pool pump for my 24 foot above-ground pool. The seller indicates he paid $1200 for it new.  (I found an ad for one at $1196-although it was out of stock).  I am concerned because the price for this pump is significantly less than any other heat pumps I have found.  Do you know anything about this particular model and any reason why it is priced so low?  Any input will be greatly appreciated. 

Marc Miller
Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Gini:
Thank you for writing to me. Focustemp has not made heaters in at least 4 or 5 years before they went out of business. That one is probably the 55,000 BTU model. For a 24 foot round pool; 15,000 gallons we like to see a 100,000 BTU heater unless you use a blanket on the pool all the time and then a 70,000 to 80,000 BTU heater is OK depending on how long you want to your season to last. That heater is too small for your pool. I would suggest a larger heat pump from a company that has been around for at least 20 years with a very long warranty. If you tell me where you live and what months you want to swim I can suggest some for your area.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.