Pool Heat Pump Forum
Register

Author   Comment  
Dave Hancock
Reply with quote  #1 
I have a Rome s-95 electric heat pump.  The display stays at 95 degrees all the time. I set the temp to say 80 degrees and then it goes to 95 and starts.  Everything else seems to work fine.  It would probably run until the pool water got to 95 if I let it.  Is there a way to calibrate the thermostate?
Dave
Marc Miller
Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Dave:
Thank you for writing. You can not calibrate them. There is a 50% chance it is the temperature sensor and a 50% change the digital board is bad. I would get a sensor first and try that as they are not as expensive and if that doesn't work get a new digital board installed by a licensed electrician of course. Our office can help you get whatever you want.
Cheers,
Marcus
Fla Rich
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hancock
I have a Rome s-95 electric heat pump.  The display stays at 95 degrees all the time. I set the temp to say 80 degrees and then it goes to 95 and starts.  Everything else seems to work fine.  It would probably run until the pool water got to 95 if I let it.  Is there a way to calibrate the thermostate?
Dave
Jessie
Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Rich: 
Thank you for writing to me. You should shut it down until you get to the bottom of the problem. There is no way to calibrate the thermostat that much. Some can be changed 4 or 5 degrees inside the hidden program. With those symptoms It is usually either the water temperature sensor or the control board. Can't say which unless you start changing parts. Boards are much more expensive than sensors.  If you want a board you will have to send me a photo of your old one both front and back. Not sure if I have them but we will look or reach out to a old warranty service center for you. If your heater is over 10 years old and you are going to stay in the house a while you might want to start thinking of a new heater with a long warranty. Either way we will help you go in any direction that you like.
Best Regards,
Jessie
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.