Pool Heat Pump Forum
Register

Author   Comment  
Marcus Miller
Reply with quote  #1 
Dear Friends,
This is a new feature that we hope will help you in your pool heat pump research. You are not alone if you have pool heat pump questions that no one seems to have the right answer for. Over the years we have heard many stories and questions about heat pumps that we think should be shared with everyone so that they can learn from each others experiences. So please send over your questions and comments. I look forward to being able to help you in any pool heat pump related subject.
Sincerely,
Marcus
Heidi
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi, I've been spending the last 2 weeks looking into heat pumps.  And have heard that they won't work well here, (in Idaho), because we have such dry air.  Is this true?  If anyone has a heat pump in a low humidity area, could you tell me if your happy with it or not.  Not alot of pool companies here seem to even know what I'm asking about.  And the one that did feels it's not worth the money because of our humidity level.  What do you think?

Thanks for any answers,
Heidi
Marcus Miller
Reply with quote  #3 

Dear Heidi:
Thank you for writing to me. You ask great questions. The people who talk about the humidity are the pool people that sell only gas heaters and have not been to a national pool show in 20 years. It is true that humidity (or water in general) is a great source of heat. But the difference of heat output on a 60% humidity day and a 20% humidity day you will never notice. I would estimate that you would loose 5% of the output. There was a period when some manufacturers like Rheem put out a great "low humidity" heater. Basically what they did was double the amount of freon coils to get the most exposure to the air. These days most of the manufacturers to get the most efficiency and BTU's out of their heaters make their coils huge anyway. I have a 100's or maybe even 1000 heat pumps from Texas and Arizona through Nevada and California in some very dry places and my customers still love me. I have many customer responses on the site if you want to e-mail anyone and ask about their personal experiences. I think I have one from Idaho on there too, but if not you can contact someone from Arizona or Nevada.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if you want me to call you.

Sincerely,

Marcus Miller, President
http://www.poolheatpumps.com
360 568 3718

Heidi
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for such a fast reply.  I have looked over your testimonials and it really has helped.  Thank you so much.
Heidi
Marcus Miller
Reply with quote  #5 
We try to stay on top of customer questions. It makes me crazy when I ask a question to a company and then a week later they get back to me and by that time it is too late or I forgot what I have asked them in the first place. Have a great summer.

Sincerely,

Marcus Miller, President
360 568 3718
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.