Amanda

I am looking to heat a recirculating system of fish tanks approx 6000ltrs to a temp of 28c will a heat pump fill this need, also is a heat pump safe to use with no toxic metals.

Marcus Miller
Many people are using heat pumps made out of titanium to warm their fish ponds. Copper heaters can kill fish as it is toxic. I need to know where you live and what months you will be heating. Most heat pumps shut down at about 10 C outside air temperature. Some keep heating at 6 C. You going in the right direction in thinking about a heat pump. Gas. oil and electric element heaters all cost too much to heat that much water.

Sincerely,

Asa Strong
Amanda
Thanks Marcus for your reply.
I live in Perth Western Australia in summer outside temps can be as high as 40c and in winter as low as 2c (night time). The system will have about 18 tanks on frames all being run through  central filtration . Temp for fish need to run at 28c
regards
Amanda
Marcus Miller
Dear Amanda:

Thank you for writing back. The Heat Siphon heat pump that you were interested in will run down to about 6 or 7 C out side air temperature and then shut down. It will still heat even at 40 C (104 degrees F) in your summer. Below 6 C you will need an some other form of back up heat. I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Asa Strong
Ron

Does anyone know where i can get parts for a Focus temp insta 2001 pool heat pump.Also a diagram if possible.thanks

Marcus Miller
Dear Ron,

Thank you for writing. They were sold mostly by pool stores in the Northeast and Midwest. The Canadian manufacturer was bought by an Australian company a few years ago. You should still be able to call the factory in Canada for parts. Try 450 796 4333. I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Asa Strong
Deleting Attachment...