Nic
Hi,

I live in Spain and am considering purchasing a focus temp heat pump. They seem to be a lot cheaper than other makes (Jandy) but they seem to be sold by reputable dealers.

Do you have any experience with reliability and performance of their heat pumps?

I notice that you rate Jandy highly from other posts but I know a couple of people who complain that they keep freezing up below 10 degrees C. Apparently, Focus Temp doesn´t have this problem as the compressor shuts down when it´s too cold and the fan keeps running which prevents the ice (a salesman told me this so not sure how true it is).

Many thanks,
Nic
Marcus Miller
Dear Nic:
Thank you for writing to me. I hope that you and your family are well. They were a Canadian company that was bought by an Australian company about 2 years ago. I don't carry them anymore as I was disappointed with some service issues a few years ago. Most heat pump don't work very well below 10 C. Whether the heater freezes up and then defrosts the next day when it warms up outside or the compressor just shuts down and then the heater comes back on when it warm the next day doesn't really matter. You get about the same heat in the pool.  If you must heat below 10 C then you need a heat pump that has an active hot freon defrost or use a Heat Siphon brand as they keep running to about 6 or 7 C and then shut off. That is the brand that I usually ship to Europe as there is a 2 year parts, 5 year compressor and lifetime titanium heat exchanger warranty from the factory. They will pay the cost to ship parts to you and also if the heat exchanger ever fails, even 10 or 15 years form now and damages the heater they will ship you a complete new heater; not just a part. Great heaters. I have them all across Spain and Europe. I hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Marcus Miller, President
Deleting Attachment...