Lynn L Landry
I have a two month old Heat Siphon that is acting up. The error message reads: cyl H. It then gives numbers "0033". Can anyone shed light?
Marcus Miller

Thank you for writing back to me.  That usually means that the heater isn't getting enough water flow. Maybe a dirty filter, mis adjusted water pressure switch or a valve in the wrong position. If that is not the case try to turn the breaker off for a minute to see if that fixes it. If not then you are under warranty for two years with them. Just call the factory at 800 447 9667 and ask for Susan. They will get you going again. Digital heaters sometimes do funny things.

Please let me know what it was as I don't have much trouble with that brand.

Sincerely,

Asa Strong
MLOU WILLIAMS
I'm not sure where this email is going, but here goes.  I'm trying to get a manual on our Rheem gas heater for the pool.  I'm not really dumb and would like to be able to decipher the heating problems when our pool store is closed - seems problems usually happen on a weekend.  I'd like to know what the code SPK or 5PK stands for -   the heater starts, the call for heat works, the little gas flame comes up, the heat pours out of the top of the heater, then it begins to moan and shuts down again - showing the CFH and SPK alternately and not heating.  I've cleaned the basket by the motor - actually it wasn't really dirty, and did a reset on the electricity source since we did have a power outage about two weeks ago.  We have a sand filter and everything seems to be great - except for no heat.  We're used to an 85 degree pool and it's now down to 76 and that's too cold for old bones.  Can you help me find a manual or make a guess what's wrong with the heater?  I would appreciate any help at all.

Marcus Miller
Thank you for writing to me. We are focusing on heat pumps these days because gas heaters cost so much to use and are very vulnerable to PH and chemical problems. Rheem/ Raypak has most of their manuals online. You can look at the Raypak website. I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Asa Strong
Deleting Attachment...