plef911
Hi, new to pools.  Last summer bought a heat pump from HVAC Concept HP50.  Last weekend here it went up to 21 degrees celcius, my pool was ready but too cold.  Tried using the heatpump.  Ran all day and water went from 65 to 69. It's in the sun all day with a solar blanket. I feel the sun alone would have given it a 4 degree rise in temp.  Is that normal?  How warm does it have to be for a heat pump to work, or is there something wrong with it?  (and yes I'm certain the water was running through it, it was turned on, etc etc
Asa Strong
What size is your pool.  The pool heat pump may be undersized for your pool.
Anonymous
It’s a round 21 foot above ground pool
Asa Strong
The unit is too small for that size pool.  21 foot round is roughly 11,000 gallons.  Your pool heat pump is 50,000 btu at peak efficiency.  Peak efficiency takes place when it is 80 degrees out and 80% humidity. When the weather is less than that, the pool heat pump produces less BTU's, performing more like a 30,000 BTU unit.  To raise the water temp 5 degrees, on a 11,000 gallon pool, using a 30,000 BTU unit, will take 15 hours.  If you are not using a pool cover, use one and that will help keep the heat you produce in the pool.
Deleting Attachment...