Bob Hoel
We are looking to add a heat pump to our Pool and Spa.

We are looking at 2 manufacturers.

AquaCal Heatwave Model H120 and Hayward HeatPro Model HP21002.

Do you have any opinion  between AquaCal and Hayward?

Are there any special accessories we need to add or make sure are included on the heat pump we select?

Marcus Miller
Thank you for writing. I would need to know more information as to where you live and the size of the pool etc. Some companies have better warranties in different parts of the country. Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Asa Strong
Bob Hoel
Sorry for not providing more detail.

We live in SW Florida (Cape Coral).

Pool is +/- 20,000 gal

Spa is +/- 2,000 gal

Spa and Pool have independent pumps and filters.  Spa is NOT an overflow into pool.

Let me know if you need additional information.
Marcus Miller
Thank you for writing back. When people have an over flow spa in Florida I like to have at least 100,000 BTU's. Then you don't have to wait forever for the water to heat up. Since you have two separate bodies of water then you either need two heaters or there is a way to pipe it with (3) 3 way valves but it is involved. Some people will use a cheap $550.00 11 KW electric element heater on the spa and a heat pump on the pool. Some people with the spa as a separate body of water get a very small heat pump and then just keep the water warm all the time and use a fiberglass cover to keep the heat in. Then you will use very little power to maintain the temperature as the heat up time is not a factor. Hayward and AquaCal make quality heaters, Unfortunately they both just cut their warranties in Florida from 5 years parts and labor to 2 years parts and labor. This seems to be a trend in Florida right now. Not the right direction if you ask me though.
If you have any questions please give me a call and I will be more than happy to help you.

Sincerely,
Asa Strong
Deleting Attachment...